end of year tbr list

Tuesday 28 November 2017

books holding up the universe jennifer niven
So, it’s confession time.

I haven't picked up a book in a month, and haven't finished one in so long, months maybe? I adore books and words and ideas so I’m compiling a very ambitious TBR list in the hopes of falling back in love with reading. And also falling back into the habit of reading, maybe on my commute (as long as I can keep my eyes open) or maybe before bed? Maybe just ten minutes a day, as long I’m getting some more reading done, I’ll be a little more content.


Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

My plan was to read all the Harry Potter books this year but I fell off track midway through the year. I could still get it done if I try super hard. So I’m hoping to get this one read and finished by the end of the year. A happy compromise, as Harry Potter is always a good shout around Christmas time.


Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

I mean it's about time really. I haven't watched the film because I haven't read the book yet. Makes sense to just read it, so many people love and recommend it so I feel like I'm missing out on something here. Gotta rectify this.


Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell and Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven

Some might call this style of young adult books ‘fluff’ but fluffy can be good for your soul. Young adult books are usually easy reads and a surefire way of falling back in love with reading. Eleanor and Park and Holding up the Universe have been on my radar for a while not. I’ve read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and absolutely adored everything about it, the writing style and characterisation was so amazing, so hopefully I will enjoy E&P just as much! I had mixed feelings about Jennifer Niven’s previous book ‘All the Bright Places’ but have decided to give her books another try (defo inspired by Aycan’s love for them!)


When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi

As I mostly read fiction books, I want to read at least one nonfiction book by the end of the year. When Breath Becomes Air comes highly recommended, and classic me, unable to resist a good book went out and bought it straight away. It’s written by a surgeon with terminal cancer before his death so it’s quite heavy but definitely seems like a necessary read.

And those are the books I'm planning on reading! It's a little ambitious but hopefully I will finish the year in literary style!

What books are on your end of year TBR list?


Post a Comment